SD Secretary of State Information
To check your voter registration status or find your polling place and sample ballot for an upcoming election, use the SD Secretary of State’s Voter Information Portal.
To register to vote in South Dakota, you must:
- Be a United States citizen (South Dakota Constitution, Article VII, Section 2)
- Reside in South Dakota (residency defined)
- Be at least 18 years old on or before the next election
- Not currently serving a sentence for a felony conviction which included imprisonment, served or suspended, in an adult penitentiary system (See additional felony information)
- Not be judged mentally incompetent by a court of law
In South Dakota, you must fill out a paper registration form and submit it to your county auditor. Have the SDDP send you a form today or learn more from the SD Secretary of State.
2021 South Dakota Election Code
State Legislative Resources
You can read the South Dakota Democratic Party Constitution here.
You can read the SDDP’s 2022 State Convention Platform here.
You can read the resolutions adopted by the 2022 State Convention here.
Learn more about our party leaders here.
Find your local county party organization here.
Find Democratic elected officials serving South Dakota now.