Tribal Organizing Director: South Dakota Democratic Party
Position Title: Tribal Organizing Director
Location: Preference in Tribal Community
Application Due: Open until filled
How to Apply: Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to Sam Parkinson at email@example.com. Please list “Tribal Organizing Director” in the Subject Line.
The South Dakota Democratic Party Tribal Organizing Director will be responsible for active voter education and registration efforts across South Dakota’s 9 Indian Reservations and in towns with large Native American populations. The information gathered and the organizational network created through the Tribal Organizing Director position will be instrumental for party and candidate success through the 2020 election and beyond.
- Preferred Applicants will be SD tribal members living in the community where they will organize
- Develop a professional working relationship with tribal community members and leaders
- Work with the South Dakota Democratic Party Field Director & staff on a weekly basis
- Mobilize consistent volunteer and voter registration efforts
- Educate voters on the process of voting and participating in statewide elections
- Promote the message of the the South Dakota Democratic Party to tribal communities
- Represent the South Dakota Democratic Party in a professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
The South Dakota Democratic Party is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law.