Hiring: Office Assistant
The South Dakota Democratic Party is seeking a full-time Office Assistant.
The Office Assistant is responsible for ensuring efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of the South Dakota Democratic Party Sioux Falls office.
The Office Assistant will report to the Executive Director and work with the entire team.
The South Dakota Democratic Party is working for a South Dakota where there is opportunity and progress for all people – a place where all South Dakotans are treated with dignity and have a chance to go as far as their talents and ambitions will take them. To make this vision a reality, we are working to empower, organize, and elect Democrats at every level in every corner of our state.
- Respond to questions and requests for information via phone and info email address.
- Answer incoming calls and assume other receptionist duties.
- Maintain office supplies by checking inventory and ordering items.
- Assume responsibility for tracking office equipment.
- Pick up mail and deliver checks to our accountant.
- Receive and direct visitors.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and proactively both internally and with external partners and vendors.
- A commitment to Democratic Party values.
- A friendly and professional member-first demeanor.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
Pay and benefits:
This is a full-time position. Pay will start at $15/hour. Benefits include paid time off, paid federal holidays off, and a healthcare stipend.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to berk@SDDP.org.